Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr sub box ported

vr piggy bank

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute s pack
hey guys just wondering if anyone has dimensions for a ported sub box next to the fuel tank in a vr ute. have searched and searched through threads but can not find any dimensions, any pictures, dimensions or ideas would be a great help
to suit a 12 inch sub
cheers

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I dont have dimensions, but i do have a valid point. The dimensions of just any box, arent going to match the reccomended dimensions for your sub. The ports will not be tuned to your sub either...

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
You simply don't have enough room back there for a ported box that will sound any good. Go sealed, just make it as big as you can and see how it goes, then you can tune the sound by adding blocks of wood, gluing them in the floor of the box.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Adding blocks of wood?? May i suggest a smaller sealed enclosure, and adding some polyfill...

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I've been in car audio for many years, blocks of wood cut to 0.5L sizes are a tried and true method of enclosure tuning. :)

OP: Send me the make and model of your sub and I'll shoot you an enclosure size with perfect "Q" factor (linear, smooth response).

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah for sure if he can get the dimensions right, other wise he could spend a lot of time and butcher it, like i did mine:wax:

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
There is some plans on how to build a 27L sealed enclosure down there. lol
|
|
|
V