Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr t56 conversion 5 ltr

schubz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr senator
Can anyone help, im a little stuck with the wiring side of things.ive put a t56 box behind my 5ltr in place of an auto but not sure if i need a manual loom?can i utilise the auto loom and if so how?
anyone done this conversion???

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
U will need a manual chip for the ecu. As far as the speed sensor, im unsure. It should just be a proxy tooth pickup. Wire it up to suit like a normal proxy sensor and you will prob need a speeedo corrector kit from jaycar. bridge the P switch out. shouldnt be too much moore then that. but if u wanna make life easy get a manul box loom to plug in, save you alot of guessing.

schubz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr senator
yeh think ill try n find a manual loom, cheers for ya help m8

Chaser X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Moded 400HP,6Spd www.cardomain.com/id/chaserx
t56 conversion

You can get a custom loom for around $500 according to my check list or you can do what im doen & give your auto electrician a call to see if they can wire it up.
In hind sight, an auto electrician should be able to wire up your new loom, with your old 1 & bits & peaces, cheaper. Im running a cable to the boot so it will be less hastle for my mechanic, when it comes to servicing my vehicle, which currently has brand new parts in it.
Can you let me know how your going with it because its been 6 months, since your last post & im looking into taking my VR into a transmission shop in the next week or 2.