Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Ticking

superjade

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hi,

I got my VR only 2 weeks ago and have had a lot of work done to it. It's now started ticking quite loudly. It seems that as the rev's go up the ticking gets faster, and as you start braking it gets slower... but while driving it can sometimes go away for a little while. I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas of what this could be and how much it is going to set me back? I understand that my explanation is quite vague, sorry!

Cheers!

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
At best could be as simply fuel injectors or could get worse, lifters, bottom end bearings.
Better if you can find what part of the engine it coming from and how loud it is!

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
As you have just "had a lot of work done to it" I would be first looking at the areas/parts that have been altered, as it is likely this has something to do with it if the noise was previously not there. From the sound of your description I would be guessing its your lifters, but as Da_rooster1980 has said above, you really need to try and determine what area of the motor the noise is coming from. Did the work you recently had done to it involve an oil change? If so, what grade of oil was it replaced with?

superjade

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
thanks guys... apparently it's the bearings... $600 later.
thanks for your help!