Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR to VP engine swap

doddsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
Recently acquired a 1992 VP Berlina (swap for engine,trans and diff from my VN exec) and a VR sedan(wreck).The motor and trans in the VP are very tired.Is it possible to swap the engine and trans from the VR to the VP.If so what other parts have to be changed over also.I am assuming the ECU would have to be changed but is the wiring the same.I don't want to go at this project half-cocked and stuff it up so any help would be appreciated.This is the VP has ABS\IRS,looks rough but no rust(the vn had rust in rear window turret,both front window turrets,roof and boot).

Attachments

• 100_7543.jpg
    100_7543.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 243
  • VN rust1.jpg
    VN rust1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 476
  • VN rust2.jpg
    VN rust2.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 469
  • VN rust3.jpg
    VN rust3.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 281

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
are you sure the box in the vp is stuffed?
vp has a mechanical box and vr electronic.
If the vp is suffed and you want to spend as little as possible then vr motor box engine wiring main harness and dash.
Basically if you want to use vr box the cheapest way is to fit the full vr wiring, if you ar going that far then the vr dash will make it eaer to as the dash wiring is different.

klaka

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 sv8 6 speed
change moter keep box and all wiring in vp easy :yeah: but if you wont to cange the box wiring, dash and all. sell the vr and get a vs for parts. That is a lote of work for little gane vs lote more potential.