Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr to vt trans..plant

gaffa2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6 wagon
Hi guys,Iam having a vt auto (v6) transmission put into my vr. Has anyone got any information regarding this.Ive been quoted $900 all up and told that the vt transmission is bullet proof????....Cheers gaffa

illusion

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
z series hsv clubsport 6.0l m6, vxii ls1 calais,
its not bolt in bolt out i have one in my vs :bang: a few things need to be modified exhaust from the headers on drivers side bank needs to be modded to go around the bell housing as VT has full bell housing cover shifter rod needs to be reversed to fit and there not that bullet proof same internals as the vr box :thumbsup:

RedGoesFaster97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S II
i have a VT tranny in my VS, cost me $1200, wow your getting a good deal dude, ive had no issues with the VT tranny had it in since 2006.

gaffa2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6 wagon
Thanks for the feedback,much appricated.Ive done a little research and its not as straight foward as it sounded but the guy whos going to do the job is very good and has done about fifteen of them.Quote seems to be good with 6 mths. warranty...ALL GOOD I hope...Cheers

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I've thrown a VT transmission on the back of a VR and didn't encounter any problems at all. Just swap over the extension housings, and you should be good to go. :)

gaffa2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6 wagon
conversion done

:yeah:Ive had the conversion done,instead of a vt tranny I had a vy put in.A little modifying of the bellhousing and a few other minor changes,$900 as quoted and goes as new...All Good...Cheers Paul :thumbsup:

gaffa2

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6 wagon
vt tranny into vr ???

Hi,Ive had a 2nd box put in at the cost of the installer,but still has a problem.What happens is that the engine warning light comes on when speed exceeds 85kph and stays on untill ignition is turned off.Whilst light is on lower gear changes become slightly rougher.Ive been told the computers arnt talking to each other and its not worth fixing due to the cost involved.Ive had it on the scanner and cleared the problems but it still comes back ....any experts out there that could help would be appricated...Cheers Paul:spew: