Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR ute Exhaust

James1142

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
Hey I have a 94 VR V6 Ute and and looking at putting a exhaust system on it, ive been told that dual exhaust sounds beast but can only seem to find single tip exhaust, does anyone have a good place to buy exhausts? All I can find otherwise are exhaust tips but I'm sure that changes nothing but the look.. help me out!

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
You'll need to go to a shop to get dual exhausts to my knowledge there is no brand name pre manufactured dual system.... But obviously it will cost you $120-$150 an hour plus parts.... What do you want it for? Have you got a cam or forced induction? Or are just after a better note? There's a member here called not an abba fan who distributes "manta" systems which is a 2.5 inch cat back system which are quite cheap like $250 or something? And they sound okay, and the factory cat flows alright for the v6. But the only thing I noticed with mine (not manta) is that when mine was done they only used 1.6mm mild steel and the thing absolutely radiates heat! The center console where the shifter comes through actually gets hot! So when I get a new system the dump (cause I'm going turbo) will be stainless steam pipe heavy wall thickness then 2mm stainless till after the gearbox which will then just step back to mild steel... Just trying to reduce some temperatures!

Anywho just youtube manta exhaust systems if you want a listen but yeah get in touch with not an abba fan, arrives at your door get a mate over and a 6 pack later you'll have mad exhaust

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Dual exhausts might sound good for an 8, but they're a waste of time for an N/A six for both sound and performance, particularly for the amount of money you will spend making one up.

Clayton Milburn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS series II 3.8L V6 ute
i have a vs ute and i got a 2.5inch cat back off the internet from Tuffcarparts.com for $180 it sounds pretty good, it would be a good exhaust to get if you were trying to keep it on the cheap. Im not to sure if they have duel systems if thats what your looking for.

James1142

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
Thanks for the replies, im not really fussed too much about cash until its above the 2k mark, im just looking at making my v6 as loud as I can, all I know of are extractors, exhaust and a k&n filter (which I already have) ...ALSO! I am wondering if the stock ute just sounds pretty nice or what? It isnt loud but sounds nice..its got like a nice angry purr to it but its not loud (unless you reeally floor it which I dont like doing too much), is that the exhaust or is there something there? Ive had it since before I put the k&n filter in.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Probably a hole / multiple holes? Have you looked to see if there is already some aftermarket system on there?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you want it loud, then extractors, high flow cat and straight through 2 1/2" with no mufflers at all. Will be very loud. But it will also drone. I can supply you with everything you need to bolt it straight up, but if you get picked up, you didn't get it from me.....