Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR ute making weird sound from rear when turning tight right?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone got an idea on this? On my way to Adelaide and i don't want to break down.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
have a look in the wheel arch to see if its rubbing

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No rubbing. It sounds like rubber moving though, sort of whirring but only around corners.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
link pin rubbers gone?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
link pin rubbers gone?
i will check. That would be excellent if its those. I wondering if the diff is playing up?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just had a garage look at it and he seemed to think power steering issue. Anyone have an idea on what could be the problem with PS?

hoborific

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VR V6
My pump is pretty rooted it sounds like a fan when at wheel lock and it loves to groan, my current issues are caused by a leak in the return hose for the power steering reservoir and general age of the pump, it should be alright, if its whirring and groaning but you can turn the wheel with less than three fingers it has some time left, usually. mine has been whining for about a year, checking the fluid sounds like an insult but definitely check, mine whines louder when there's even a tiny bit under full (use the lid dipstick)

a reconditioned pump is pretty cheap, you could buy a new one or recondition your current one with a kit off ebay, but obviously this would have to wait for your return home

However power steering noises are pretty noticeable from the front of the car with the window down, not sure what this info is worth but I hope it helps

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks Hobs, I gonna try and get it checked out in SA if i can. Repairs will need to wait until i get home, like you say. I will pop some more fluid in and see what happens. Its not groaning le it did when tje fluid got low a while back. Not sure if you have ever heard the rubbing noise the 02 Camrys due to rack problems make but the noise is exactly like that.