Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Ute most practical tie down points - pictures if possible

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
can be done with or without tub liner(just hole saw some small holes in plastic tubliner ( nice and neat)

The point of a tubliner is that no **** gets underneath. Why would you drill bloody big arse holes in it ??

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
in the sides mate??? not in the floor.....the point of the liners is to stop damage to the tray,,,,not **** under it..i i dont thik ppl buy liners to keep out dirt. more like keep from scratching and putting dings in the floor of the tray lol . omfg wow.
The point of a tubliner is that no **** gets underneath. Why would you drill bloody big arse holes in it ??
oh and tie down dont have to go into the floor>? cheeers

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey guys, cheers heaps for the awesome info and pics. Still weighing up the options.

The Ute has no tubliner at the moment and won't.

Not putting in the hooks ect to tie down anything specific, just want something that is practical for all uses.

Would love the ally rollbar at the front and back of the tray but really dont want to spend cash on a banger work ute. Might get a mate to do something up that isn't quite as pretty as the bought ones.

The ute came with a "maloo rear sail" something or rather that is directly behind the window. It extends the roof a little and has a brake light. It will be in the way so it has to go! Anyone know what this is actually called?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
no liner will make it way way easier to put the tie point were ever you like(to a point) hope it all turns out for the best...cheers again
Hey guys, cheers heaps for the awesome info and pics. Still weighing up the options.

Not putting in the hooks ect to tie down anything specific, just want something that is practical for all uses.

Would love the ally rollbar at the front and back of the tray but really dont want to spend cash on a banger work ute. Might get a mate to do something up that isn't quite as pretty as the bought ones.

The ute came with a "maloo rear sail" something or rather that is directly behind the window. It extends the roof a little and has a brake light. It will be in the way so it has to go! Anyone know what this is actually called?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
you mean a nudge bar on the front( i had 1) and a rear bar on my old vs ute(lookked good) and makes ppl at coles not want to back into your car as often lol its true thogh and same with a big as s ed tow ball at the rear(messes up thair front end if thay back into the towball)

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
I think he might mean the Maloo Sailplane?

TSS%205046%20VR-VS%20UTE%20SAILPLANE.jpg

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
he means the nudge alloy as he stated above or he means alloy rollbar and rear alloy ladder rack? bit hard to work out what he meaning? lol cheeers
I think he might mean the Maloo Sail Plain or whatever it is?

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
i put some tie down points in those panels that screw out on the sides of the tray, but i also replaced the screws that the panels have in them to ones more sturdy. you dont have to but i was putting roadbikes in there and didnt want the panels to come loose haha.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual

?

he means the nudge alloy as he stated above or he means alloy rollbar and rear alloy ladder rack? bit hard to work out what he meaning? lol cheeers

?

I think he might mean the Maloo Sailplane?

TSS%205046%20VR-VS%20UTE%20SAILPLANE.jpg

?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
sailplan that i see he also mentions
?yes maybe you right,,,but he also mention alloy front thing and rear

?Would love the ally rollbar at the front and back of the tray but really dont want to spend cash on a banger work ute. Might get a mate to do something up that isn't quite as pretty as the bought ones as well as sailplain

?
IS IT A HSV sailplain? and is it going to be up for sale??? cheeeers