Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
First glance at that 2nd pic I thought you were doing it your lounge room lol.

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
well, all went well and the Engine and Trans are now out!

I turned the power steering bracket around for a front hoisting point
View attachment 169295
Got it half way out and realised that there was another earth point on the rear mounting bracket, so had to cut that wire (or put the engine back down, but that wasn't happening)

And placed it all down beside the car ready for parts swapping over. and engine bay cleaning
View attachment 169294

Brings back memories having a white vr/vs in pieces in the shed !!!

Good stuff hope u enjoy doin the work, its good When things are goin back on

And the lounge room would be a good spot to do ur mechanical work lol

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
First glance at that 2nd pic I thought you were doing it your lounge room lol.

LOL, the last home owners had run out of bedrooms so had converted the garage into another one with a small computer room off the back.
Now I have a garage with nice curtains, Air-conditioning, great lighting and checkered vinyl down the back. it's almost as cozy as a lounge room LOL

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
LOL, the last home owners had run out of bedrooms so had converted the garage into another one with a small computer room off the back.
Now I have a garage with nice curtains, Air-conditioning, great lighting and checkered vinyl down the back. it's almost as cozy as a lounge room LOL

Iv been thinking of putting a A/C in the the garage, it's been nice and cool and raining where I am for the last 10 days, so haven't been so concerned about it, but if it gets stupid hot again then ill be goin and getting one to put in lol, hope that garage of yours has a bar fridge u will need it lol

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
Iv been thinking of putting a A/C in the the garage, it's been nice and cool and raining where I am for the last 10 days, so haven't been so concerned about it, but if it gets stupid hot again then ill be goin and getting one to put in lol, hope that garage of yours has a bar fridge u will need it lol

Good thing your not in the southern parts of oz then!

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Good thing your not in the southern parts of oz then!

Yeah I'm up here in the tropics and its a nice 25 degrees all ways cloudy and nice cool sea breeze

I like the breeze because where I work at hay point HPX 3 project it completly stops all the cranes and that means I carnt do my job and we just chill out and get paid for it

And them boys in the southern end are about the same temp as the surface as the sun, fark that, 46 today in parts of south oz I believe, way as well just sit in a fry pan

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Hows the engine swap going Deuce? have you made anymore progress.
Didn't see you at the last comp round, did all the screaming eagles decide to give it a miss?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hey mate,

Get some quality pics of the heads before bolting them on so we can see what has been done. A couple of shots of the bowls and runners would be ace, especially if you can put a ruler next to the intake port so we can see the sizes etc.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hows the engine swap going Deuce? have you made anymore progress.
Didn't see you at the last comp round, did all the screaming eagles decide to give it a miss?
I had work on the Saturday so missed out on Nitro meet :( it sucked.
hadn't made any progress for a few days because family were visiting. but degreased a few things and painted them today.
Been messing around with Air-con tensioner pulley as well. It needs a new bearing. Should have that sorted tomorrow.

Hey mate,

Get some quality pics of the heads before bolting them on so we can see what has been done. A couple of shots of the bowls and runners would be ace, especially if you can put a ruler next to the intake port so we can see the sizes etc.
Now worries mate. I will CC the heads so that I know my exact comp ratio, and had thought about CC'ing the intake ports too, just for future reference and all.

Hows your should recovery coming along?