Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Still 2 bolt like 304 ill dig it out I got given it in a box of parts

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Fitted the new starter and car cranks and idles mint.
Engine bay pic for extra likes:
IMG_20191221_102414.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Swapped alternator belt from an 11a1145 to an 11a1130, this holds the alt in tighter to the block and avoids the alt fan fins chopping my cold air box.
In other news, still throws codes and goes to limp mode in the trans whenever full throttle is used.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
What code is it popping up?

I've noticed adding extra earth to harness at passenger side head o2 sensor & map sensor some cars will run alot nicer,suppose it wouldn't hurt for tps too.

Vs 304 setup in vp ute sometime went into limp mode if you stalled it up & let it rip...traced it back to power wire fuse(12?) for the auto not getting constant power.

Cousin once had a weird intermittent issue with his vs auto ended up being solenoid or something in box

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
What code is it popping up?

I've noticed adding extra earth to harness at passenger side head o2 sensor & map sensor some cars will run alot nicer,suppose it wouldn't hurt for tps too.

Vs 304 setup in vp ute sometime went into limp mode if you stalled it up & let it rip...traced it back to power wire fuse(12?) for the auto not getting constant power.

Cousin once had a weird intermittent issue with his vs auto ended up being solenoid or something in box
Interesting.
I am getting 21 and 35

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
21 - TPS voltage high? Might need to adjust the position of the TPS on the throttle body (rotate it). Might also need to check the travel of the TB blade with someone in the car pushing on the pedal to confirm it's not going to far.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
21 - TPS voltage high? Might need to adjust the position of the TPS on the throttle body (rotate it). Might also need to check the travel of the TB blade with someone in the car pushing on the pedal to confirm it's not going to far.
Pretty sure we tried TPS position when this problem first arose.
Good idea about blade angle. Although I'm sure it has faulted at 3/4 throttle before (not just w.o.t)