Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Looks like it's been poling...

Used machter I think it was on ls daily although for the 304 & 355 cars still using same collection of factory bosch (vs) hi-torque starters I've had for 10+ years.

I'll be farked if ever have to replace starters...still trying to find vs 120a alternator with v belt pulley or bosch vt alternator then do pulley change & thicker guage charge wire

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I used to rebuild starter motors. But the Bosch one in the Buick V6 was too hard. I remember the brushes being to hard to replace so I threw it back together and hoped for the best but it was no good. That's when I called Ashdown and had a friend pick me up the OEX and bring it to my shed to fit.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
still trying to find vs 120a alternator with v belt pulley or bosch vt alternator then do pulley change & thicker guage charge wire
Yeah, I'm casually keeping an eye out too.
But I have 2 rebuilt 85A alts in good condition, so hard to justify unless it's a really good deal.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Drained out 2.8ltrs of trans fluid today. Put 3.8ltr of new trans fluid in.
I'll check the level tomorrow and top up if required.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
After 6months without a radio aerial. I got this 'stick on behind the mirror' for $52 and have reception again.
Not sure I like the little antenna across my screen though....
IMG_20210722_165916.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Checked my cranking voltage and charge rate, Then did an oil and filter change today, also cleaned out pcv valve, although it didn't really need it.
I need to change the hose from rocker cover to pcv valve, as it is clearly a coolant hose or something not fuel/oil safe. It seems to sweat alot of oily residue (well not alot, but more than NONE which it should do)
Anyone have a picture of their hose for rocker to pcv?

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Just a black hose although some were weird dark brown colour probably brittle or hardened from heat cycles

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
for the other side make sure you get the right flared and bent hose and not just a random piece of hose. I tried that in a pinch and it blew off & got caught in the belts. Wasnt fun.

1627269549633.png