Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
So I thought I would start a "my Ride thread".
It all started well over a year ago, so I will try and start at the start, add photo's from relevant times and let the story grow.
:driving:
Last winter, I was building my Harley in my mates garage for the coming drag season. We were also tinkering on his 89 FXRS (black paint, apehangers, tall sissy bar, etc. kind of a mexican style) as a project to flick off and make money.
he sold his Harley and took the SS as part payment. I had always wanted a V8 commy, and this one was quite straight. and sitting in the corner of the garage tempting me as I worked those late nights.
I crunched some numbers and decided to take it, so I set about selling my trusty Mazda of 8years (which was quicker and easier than expected) and the deal was done!
I took delivery on my Mum's birthday and the Car came home with me.

Pictures attached of how it was when received.

Attachments

• Nokia6700pic210.jpg
    Nokia6700pic210.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 1,437
  • online edit.jpg
    online edit.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,425
Last edited:

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
Welcome to the SS club

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
So, I got the car end of June 2011, started 'getting to know it' for a few weeks, then the mods began.

1st on the list was a better air intake, as I really wasn't to stoked with a pod filter sitting in a hot engine bay.
Through trademe I found a brilliant company over in Melbourne that had just the fix!

MACE Engineering CAI! and while I was at it their 70mm Throttle body looked like a bargain price too; so of course I had to get that as well.

Pictures attached!
CAI tidied up the engine bay and larger throttle body made the auto shift's smoother.

Attachments

• New Cold AirBox.jpg
    New Cold AirBox.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 1,223
Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Keen to see more of this. What kind of difference did the Mace TB make to throttle response, if any ?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Keen to see more of this. What kind of difference did the Mace TB make to throttle response, if any ?
To be honest, I didn't own the car for long before putting it on, and didn't thrash it much either (new car, barely legal tyres and heaps of really rainy days). So I can't really comment.

Story Continued. . .

Probably the first mods to the SS before any of those above was;
1, 5 star alarm
2, tint the one window missing tint
3, Pioneer RS-80 headunit (that I had been wanting for years)
4, Pioneer yellow's component speakers in the front doors (which had been in my cupboard for about 5 or 6 years) which sound awesome!

Over the next few months a few basic 'looks' upgrade's came up at good prices.
1, I got rid of the ugly square orange fender indicators. Put clear oval indicators on instead.
2, scored a cheap cheap set of 16" VR SS wheels, which looked much cooler than the 15's that were on there when I brought the car.
3, got the dingman to give the car a once over, and take out any small imperfections.
and that was about it . . . . . . . . until I decided I wanted to take it to Taupo Powercruise 2011 in 3months!!:driving:

Jarrid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs SS Commodore 95
2011? A bit late mate