Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hard to say how rich it would need to go on the wideband reading all the cylinders to average out the rich and lean cylinders mid 12s is a good start the difference from 12.5 to 13 is only like 5hp. I would put the wideband in the side that has the most number of lean plugs and go off that reading and tune that side to 12.4 12.5 but it's hard to make power with 8 holes all making different hp fighting each other haha
Picture shows driver side on left and passenger side on right.
Talk about that mani says with front elbow the drivers side runs leaner and that is where W/B O2 is located.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Looking at the datalog, it's sitting mid 12's at about 4000rpm but leaning out between 5000 - 6000rpm into the 13's. Have a look at the last email I sent through with the WB data table.

Maybe in the next couple of weeks when the alert level drops I'll be able to shoot down your way for a cruise and some tuning.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Looks like passenger side is leaner on more plugs than the drivers side in your pic. I would do a log with wideband in each side

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Allports mucked around with an early come twin for a customer when first ones had flat top cover...he said they'd work better with air splitter to disperse the air.

It looked like an upside down toblerone underneath to cover.

I've noticed alot of the new ls intakes & even plazmaman manifolds have throttle up higher over plenum then curves down.Bliss Custom do it to on their new holden v8 manifold....will view it up close next summernats.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Good bye 2nd hand, alloy and rebuilt radiators.
Time for a brand new 'police spec' radiator for my V8:
IMG_20200709_104002.jpg

ADRAD if anyone is wondering

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The proper copper (as in metal not police) spec ?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes proper copper (and had to pay accordingly). But also a bit thicker and slightly bigger trans cooler than the stock replacement.

Mind me asking what you paid for it.. I was quoted $600 about 6 months ago for a 3 core copper rad

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
had to pay accordingly

Yes, well aware of the price premium for those.

Well worth it though.....esp when taking into account the dollars spent on inferior products that are now at the tip.