Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V6 Auto Engine light on.

Carl'sVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Calais I V6.
The engine light came on, when i was in the wet and tried to do a very very mild burnout.
The car seemed to Be stuck in a high gear like mabye 3rd or 4th. tried shifting manually through 1,2,3 and the car didnt change in relation to shifting.. just felt like it stayed in 1 gear.. and after that i got home, switched the my car off. and now it won't start.

I'm going to do a error code check soon. I'm leaning towards something internals gone within gearbox? battery is fine with a good charge.
Car has 129'000 kms, 3 week old tranny fluid, and car wasn't running hot when it happened..

any thoughts??
Feel free to ask if u need more info.

Thanks, Carl.

adept

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Executive & 99 VT XU8
^^ error code check - post and see what comes up

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds like it went into LHM after your 'mild' burnout....maybe low trans fluid level....however the no start situation is a bit different as no transmission fault will stop a car from starting.....at least none that I've heard of.
When you say the car won't start, does it crank, or crank but not fire or what.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
All fixed guys, turns out his battery went bust after it.... Pulled a Code 75 which was Low System Voltage (Transmission only). Put my Jumper Pack and managed to get it jumped started but even after letting the battery charge for a bit the car would not want to crank. Put my battery in from my Calais and she fired away. Basically how we came to conclusion it was the battery lol :)

Carl'sVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Calais I V6.
Yea its All good now, i recon it went in limp mode.. Due to the fact that it didnt change gear. Possibly cause of low voltage supplied to the trans?? As code 75 indicated. But yea its good now.. Just gotta sort my alternator issue :/