Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr v6 auto into FX .

Destatman

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vs statesman
Have replaced vr neutral start switch with a vy unit just hoping someone can tell me which wires to join up or a vy wiring diagram of the switch will help.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can't answer your question but why fit a VY switch when it is so easy to repair a VR one??

Destatman

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vs statesman
I have fitted a colomn shifter the vy neutral start switch is a sealed unit mounted on the side

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah so you have a column shift like me. I still don't know why you would want to put a VY switch when the switches are easy to overhaul? I might be wrong but it sounds like a bit of mucking around to fit a VY switch when column switches are already set up and you don't need to add anything to make it work. On my VR it would a heaps of mucking around to swap the column switch even with a VR floor shift one. Not having a go BTW. I'm just trying to get my head around it, as I'm confused why you change the switch to something else?? I could probably understand if you have broken the pull wire or something, that would be some mucking around to repair.

Destatman

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vs statesman
The steering colomn i have is a hot rod item collapse able tilt cable operated no provision for neutral start switch

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Now it makes sense. You have a old FX Holden that you have fitted a VR trans and needed a NSS. I thought that was what you had, given the title then I thought you had a VR for some reason.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I reckon if you change the title, to the actual question you need an answer too you will probably get an answer.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Can't tell you which wires to use, but get the multimeter out and measure resistance between pins depending on position. It should be relatively easy to work it out i'd say.