Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Buick] VR V6 Cam Upgrade

St3alth187

More time than money
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8L Manual
G'day guys, just found out that my rear main seal is leaking so the engine has to come out.

I was thinking.. While it was out ill change the engine mounts and was brainstorming ideas about putting in a mild cam.

If anyone has had any experience with the Buick 3.8, and brands/specifications would be helpful.

Please, I understand that the Buick isnt a powerhorse and that the money I spend would probably be worth spending on a V8 or even L67.
Thing is .. Right now I have the buick and nothing else :)

Cheers,
Jake.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
if your gonna put a cam in i dont really see the point of putting a mild one in... save for another car or do some mods that would help a little bit with power and fuel economy

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
exaughst, air intake, upgrade ur plugs and leads just go the basic mods. If u want cam contact crow cams hopefully there is 1 where u are and find out from them ive got there stage 2 mega lumpy cam lifters and 185i memcal chip all for $500.

St3alth187

More time than money
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 3.8L Manual
Yeah my car has the usual bolt ons:
2.25" Custom exhaust
Extractors
CAI

Im not expecting something huge.. Im just after something that is good value for money.
HR Roller rockers offer the same advantage a cam does, although a cam seems to be better value for money.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Supercharged "Auuusiecouch"
Yeah my car has the usual bolt ons:
2.25" Custom exhaust
Extractors
CAI

Im not expecting something huge.. Im just after something that is good value for money.
HR Roller rockers offer the same advantage a cam does, although a cam seems to be better value for money.

Contact Mace engineering. They have a special on NA Stage 2 Comp cams, which is miles better than just High ratio rockers. Probably get a tuned memcal to suit as well ;)