Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V6 Comm, Due to re Gas the Air Con

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Shane the equipment used to pressure test and fill mine automatically was over $20k. If you want to question this then call the autoelectrician at Aldinga and have a chat to the bloke who owns the workshop. If you like i can find out the number for you. $20k is probably conservative. While you may have a fair amount of knowledge. You don't know everything, just saying.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Shane the equipment used to pressure test and fill mine automatically was over $20k. If you want to question this then call the autoelectrician at Aldinga and have a chat to the bloke who owns the workshop. If you like i can find out the number for you. $20k is probably conservative. While you may have a fair amount of knowledge. You don't know everything, just saying.
Yea the automated machines are expensive and they don't just do pressure testing they recover, vaccume down the system and pressure test. But these automated machines are not nessacery and are not worth the money. At work we've been through many machines and now we have a package from cooldrive where we have a manual manifold a seperate vac pump and a recovery unit with a scale and recovery bottle all on a trolly we built. So far it's done about 3 and a half years without issue and costs about 4k all up then you just have a nitrogen bottle to pressure test the system.
I live this every day.

We probably have 300k of broken or unused machinery at my work between 3 work shops. We are a local private company not a big chain but the boss is rich.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
State laws ant doing their job then, because no gas emissions are allowed to be escaped from the system, if a leak is detected they are not to go ahead filling the system, those return bottles of waste gas have to be sent back there a lot more involved todays, those machines that reuse your old gas and others cars gas and oil should be banned they the high chill units that recycle the stuff, well that what I was told by Auto plus.
U can buy those cans on ebay that claim to seal leaks and fill your system but even then you got to be careful to add the right amount of gas and oil or risk damage to your compressor, one of the reasons you vacuum out the system for about 20min to remove any moisture and oil.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
The owner told me he has a new machine and it cost around $20 but with weather we are having lately than wont tank to many years to pay for it.
By the way I used my black light to see evidence of GREEN on both in and out points.
Question!! What do they call those two connections where they connect the machine on.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The owner told me he has a new machine and it cost around $20 but with weather we are having lately than wont tank to many years to pay for it.
By the way I used my black light to see evidence of GREEN on both in and out points.
Question!! What do they call those two connections where they connect the machine on.
Service ports.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
State laws ant doing their job then, because no gas emissions are allowed to be escaped from the system, if a leak is detected they are not to go ahead filling the system, those return bottles of waste gas have to be sent back there a lot more involved todays, those machines that reuse your old gas and others cars gas and oil should be banned they the high chill units that recycle the stuff, well that what I was told by Auto plus.
U can buy those cans on ebay that claim to seal leaks and fill your system but even then you got to be careful to add the right amount of gas and oil or risk damage to your compressor, one of the reasons you vacuum out the system for about 20min to remove any moisture and oil.
You don't vac the oil out ffs. The gas is synthetic and does not deteriorate so it can be reused. Logs have to be kept.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You don't vac the oil out ffs. The gas is synthetic and does not deteriorate so it can be reused. Logs have to be kept.
So how do they remove the old oil then? Of cause it all gets vacuumed out so they put the correct weight of oil and gas according to specs. I prefer new gas over recycled gas which could be many different gases as who knows what people put in them.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Service ports.

I would say that better of calling them thingy things as I have told about 4 times what they call them and this time I might write then down.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
So how do they remove the old oil then? Of cause it all gets vacuumed out so they put the correct weight of oil and gas according to specs. I prefer new gas over recycled gas which could be many different gases as who knows what people put in them.
I would say So!