Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr v6 cranks over but won't start

A.C.COOKIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 93
While on this subject would the computer from the vr suit the electrics of the vp engine? Only reason I ask is I have heard that if you change the engine you need to change the computer aswell as the ecu will send and receive the wrong information. Just wondering as I am still learning :)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
While on this subject would the computer from the vr suit the electrics of the vp engine? Only reason I ask is I have heard that if you change the engine you need to change the computer aswell as the ecu will send and receive the wrong information. Just wondering as I am still learning :)

A very good question, and someone here will be able to tell us... I know that auto VR's used a camshaft angle sensor whereas the manual models didnt. VP models didnt use one.

A.C.COOKIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 93
Yeah I thought there was something different about some of the different on board computers but don't rightly know so trying to learn as knowledge is power and i love power :)

TJC

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs s2 v6 Commodore sedan
Hi is there any person out there who can help me with my VS V6 Commodore i came
home from voting last year park the car in the driveway try to start it then just
crank over i change all of these thing's starting with harmonica balancer sensor fuel
pump and filter new coil pack new leads and spark plugs new valve sensor new ignition barrel and it
still won't start can someone help me please

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Hi is there any person out there who can help me with my VS V6 Commodore i came
home from voting last year park the car in the driveway try to start it then just
crank over i change all of these thing's starting with harmonica balancer sensor fuel
pump and filter new coil pack new leads and spark plugs new valve sensor new ignition barrel and it
still won't start can someone help me please
did you check if it had spark could be the dfi or a faulty coil pack, bad fuel or fuel pressure regulator pull the vac hose of it and have smell if you smell fuel than its kaput
also did you check fault codes here is the thread
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...nd-comprehensive-dtc-error-codes-list.179140/