Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr v6 has no spark

Chris-05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr v6
Hi just done a engine change in my vr v6 now it has no spark, the engine I got was out of a manual so I had to change timing case coz only the autos have the cam angle sensor in it so I've been told, also has new crank angle sensor. New plugs and leads and still have no spark if anyone has any ideas please let me know

92vpss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp ss
Have you tried the coil packs. When I had my vs I lost spark to two cylinders and it was a coil pack. Or it could be the plate the coil packs are sitting on

Chris-05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr v6
Have changed all three coils and dfi module still have nothing. Would it effect the computer and stop it from starting if its got no transmission in?

Vncom91

Reaction score
Did you fiddle with the timing? Is the engine harness connected to car harness correctly near the battery? Also if the car was a manual and you now have an auto having no transmission may affect it as i no when you switch auto to manual you need to connect 2 wires in the harness near the cig lighter to get it to start. Its the connector that stops the car starting in park ect. Could be a corroded wire connecting to the coil pack. Also it could be the main engine fuse thats bolted in under the relays.

Chris-05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr v6
Checked all the wires, does the coil packs and dfi module earth to the bracket they are mounted on? If so would that bracket being painted stop the car from getting spark?

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
I am ignoring your other thread you started since it is same as this one you originally started.

Anyway have you checked the crank angle sensor (CAS) or the computer (ECU) or the Body control module (BCM)?

If the bracket is the one that the DFI is bolted to then you should remove the paint. It should be bare metal.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina