Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V6 idlein prob :(

darb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Lexcen V6
hey guys i was just wonderin if neone knew how to fix this problem.. well i got 2 probs.. my car idles at like 200rpm.. and the engine light used to come on every now and again and then i checked the codes it said 13 (o2 sensor) i bought a brand new o2 sensor and now the engine light stays on all the time... and while i drive mainly going from 2nd - 3rd it like "flares" which is when it goes to change it it over revs, like i'll b at 2500rpm and then it goes to change and it'll rev up 2 3500rpm before it changes gear.. like i'm floorin it before i change it :|.. whats going on? can neone help, thank you in advance

VROCIOUS

Searching for more HP
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
04 HSV VY update Avalanche
make sure all your hoses are in properly, also check the idle air sensor at the back of the throttle body you will see a small tunnel that leads to a black unit on the back and back into the throttle body after the plenum this allows air through when the butterfly valve is closed to the motor spray this out with throttle body cleaner and try it then if not get a new one from holden bout $50. As with the gears flaring it sounds like your gearbox may be on it's way out. Get it checked your cogs may be shreading.

J

Juzzy

solenoids

Hey Darb, I had the same problem too. I replaced the o2 sensor and the idler air sensor,what the problem was,the solenoids were packing up in the gearbox as it would surge while driving and as the car would try and change into 4th it would then jump into limp mode. So have a look at getting the solenoids replaced mate and sorry for the long winded reply...lol :D
cheers Juz