Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V6 intake manifold

VR ST3LTH

ST3LTH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 commodore
Hey guys, i was reading on a forum site that a company was considering building new intake manifolds for VR 3800 V6s with the throttle body on the front, so we can run OTR CAI's.. im VERY interested in purchasing one. Anyone know if or where i can get one?!

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Doubt it buddy. Buick engines have ended their era and can only be purchased from 2nd hand cars. Which company did you hear were going to be making the new inlet manifolds for the Buick's? Sure you didn't read it about alloytech as these are the newest engines GM(General Motors) are making for Holden's atm.

VR ST3LTH

ST3LTH
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 commodore
nah it was for the buick 3800's and the ecotecs. the alloytecs were to expensive to manufacture at the moment

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Doubt it buddy. Buick engines have ended their era and can only be purchased from 2nd hand cars. Which company did you hear were going to be making the new inlet manifolds for the Buick's? Sure you didn't read it about alloytech as these are the newest engines GM(General Motors) are making for Holden's atm.

Doesn't mean sh*t mate, you saying because something isn't coming out of the factory, the aftermarket aren't going to touch it?

That rock you're under, is it very heavy? does it affect the amount of daylight you get in?

Bact to topic, there was Raptor as previously mentioned talking about it here, with CPR6 i think.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Dude Settle down, i said it was the end of the era, didn't say people were going to stop modifying things for them. Thats why i question which company he heard were going to making the new ones. I clearly haven't seen the High Air flow manifold thread yet. Get off your high horse!

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT

Dude Settle down, i said it was the end of the era, didn't say people were going to stop modifying things for them. Thats why i question which company he heard were going to making the new ones. I clearly haven't seen the High Air flow manifold thread yet. Get off your high horse!

So you doubted him before you knew yourself?

I'm not saying i've never been guilty of that, just happens to be you on the recieving end this time.
I'm not on a high horse either, mate, you should research your manifolds before you go presuming you know what I'm on.

VR Stealth, have a look at this http://www.maceengineering.com.au/nonecoman4maceMEDIUM.jpg , MACE are site sponsors too, surely if they can do this, they can put a throttle body at the front of the plenum.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Maybe approach me in abit better way instead of knocking me down. Correct with me the an answer and not an insult so I learn and so does everyone else(who haven't read about this before). On a better note that High Flow manifold looks sweet as. Would certainly be a great after market modification.