Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V6 into VN series I?

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
hey there everyone, just wondering, i bought a VR V6 motor and i was wondering if i can still use my radiator and everything or do i have to change everything over to series II? got me a little confuse so any help would be great

cheers, nick

AlpineRaven

Reaction score
You wouldn't have any problems, But in my opinion you should use VN SII wire loom & VP SII memcal in the ECM computer, then you won't have any problems running the engine in VN SI. With the Rad - its the same. Oh if you want you still can use the VN SI exhaust but I am against the idea, whereabouts that you should upgrade to SII manifold.
That what I did with my VN SI wagon that I sold about 4 months ago, VR engine in VN SI with SII wire loom & VP Computer. Runs really well.
Cheers
AP

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
cool, thanks man, just wasnt too sure about the radiator as they are different, but i will see how i go i gues, and yeah i have the wiring lom and ecu already for it from a VP
cher, nick

AlpineRaven

Reaction score
Sweet. Another thing you might notice but (gee I just came home from work from night shift and can;t remember what its called) I think its angle or knock sensor that VR has that VN doesn't have. That is why i said to get SII wire loom, yeah VP on will do as there is no difference but not VR one because I know its different. Let us know how you go! Good Luck!
Cheers
AP

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah im getting there slowly, still rebuilding it, but just getting ideas of what else i may need to do to the cooling system as i thought they may not work
cheers, nick

kezvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnexecutive wagon
ive just done vr series 2 into vn series 1 couldnt find vn motor without a million kms on it used vr wireing harnes also vr radiator and purge tankuse exausr sensor from vr vn has 1 wire vr has 2 wire fit 2 new engine mounts and vr exaust manifolds total cost 950 that included motor with 143000 kms on it car goes like cut cat and better on fuel but in saying that old motor had 292000 so it was preety stuffed it spun bearing not worth repairing have fun