Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[vr v6] mace memcal problems

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Im putting my issues down to dodgy fuel, assuming that 98 is the recommended fuel for these mace memcals. lacking power a lil an after a near full throttle push engine light comes on so im guessing it detects a knock from bad detonation an check engine comes on as safe mode

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
send the guys from mace an email before jumping to conclusions.if its faulty, they should fix you up with a new one, or fix that one.

yeah I was asking lol.

bloodyricho, thank thats heaps helpful ill open it up and take a look.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I doubt mace are soldering eproms in, they might have just had a problem with a bad burn or run of them. Best to contact them directly with questions tho. I know it shits me up the wall when people post of threads blaming me for such things with 99% of the time it was another problem

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
I doubt mace are soldering eproms in, they might have just had a problem with a bad burn or run of them. Best to contact them directly with questions tho. I know it shits me up the wall when people post of threads blaming me for such things with 99% of the time it was another problem

yeah I was gonna say.. for $150 I would hope it's new. I wasnt blaming them just asking and I have every reason to considering how expensive it was.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I would say in your case it's a problem with the memcal since that's all you have changed and the engine light is on. I don't know who made it but I know once in a while you can easily make a dud one. But just email them direct and they will fix it up, it's the more correct way to go about these things I rekcon :)

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
I would say in your case it's a problem with the memcal since that's all you have changed and the engine light is on. I don't know who made it but I know once in a while you can easily make a dud one. But just email them direct and they will fix it up, it's the more correct way to go about these things I rekcon :)

yeah ive been emailing steve about it. this thread was more to check if id done anything wrong in the installation.

edit: greenfoam I should have bought one of your tunes, I got a mace one cos it was quick and express posted but after all the time and fuel thats been wasted with these may as well have waited til you had some for sale lol.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well it's not any rocket science with a VR, I'm sure you'll end up with a good one once the dude that makes them fixes it up :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Should have waved on the way past :) or at least had me fix it I would have been happy enough to help out