Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr V6 Motor Take A Vt Supercharge Kit With Al Part

S

Supercharged_up

Im From Qnslnd and ive Just got my hands on a Wrecked full Vt Supercharger Kit. It Has the Computer all the air and cooling system. I rushed ahead and bought it.. now im stuck with the delima is it going to fit my fully reconditioned vr-v6.
Im willing to spend money on it to perform so any ideas or ways of woking with it would be greatly appreciated.
Estimated cost of labour and b est performance please?

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
best idea if you are not up to installing it your self .is to go to a performance shop and get them to give you a quote ,they will be able to give you an idea as to whether you can do it yourself or if you need to get it done for you
cheers fergi

S

Supercharged_up

So i am able to use a vt supercharger on my vr comodore motor?

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
yes you can use it but it may need a few mods to make it fit,i dont think it will be a complete easy swap but as i said try a few of the speed shops that deal in superchargers,it may be easier for you to get them to fit it
cheers fergi

Locksmiff

Reaction score
This isn't going to work at all or without some ******* around and custom work, unless you get the heads for it, because the injectors in the factory setups are in the heads. I have another bummer for ya. the VR is EV6 not Ecotec, like what it came off.

It depends now, if by everything, you mean everything that would be needed if you say had a VS that has the ecotec motor in it, then you can have a chat to a few machine shops, I think its 99.9% do able, whats doable you say ??, machining the differences into the EV6 so the heads bolt onto the it from the supercharger setup. It would also probably need the V in the manifold lessened, you would also need a new cam ground up, as the last 2 cylinders on early model V6 have the valves the other way round to the other 4, where as with the eco's it goes inlet exhaust, all the way.

Its probably about as much to do that, as it is to maybe get some machine shop to make you a custom manifold to suit the EV6

S

Supercharged_up

Ive arranged a cold air intake system to be put on.
ALso new extractors and exhaust system stainless steel..
Also ive been lookin into it the vt sup[ercharge kit should bolt staright on with little problems and modifications..
If i wanted to get the upgrade psi boost system then im sure i would have to get new perfromnce pisotons and cam, roller rockers would be a good thing too.
DOnt know what stage cam to get or whats suitable for the v6 superchargers
Cause of the over heating.. the more heat the less power you will egt from the motor and rear wheel
thoughts any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.