Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR V6] replacing all radaitor hoses, power steering hoses, etc need help

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
hey so. basically, my car is 16 years old and needs everything changed because its all in crap condition. Wondering if someone can help me out with a guide/pics on how to replace all your radiator coolant hoses, the obvious ones are easy but I want to be sure im getting everything.

also any general tips for things I should to do keep the car in good working order.
thanks

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Buy a workshop manual.Gregorys are the best of the 3 common brands.Its all step by step instructions with pics,you really cant go wrong.The first time you use it to fix something instead of paying someone else,it will have paid for itself.Anyone doing their own work on their car should own one.It will show you where all the radiator hoses go and tell you how to replace them etc.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I bought a full set off Ebay that included the thermostat...cost about $70 delivered. There were about 7 hoses in total and I figured that way I would get them all in one hit.
Really all you need to do is remove one hose at a time and replace with the exact same new one. Do them all on the same day. Don't overtighten the Jubilee/worm drive clamps and take your time....use the proper coolant. Be gentle when removing hoses so you don't bend/crack whatever the hose attaches to.

This is my opinion only, but if you've been using proper coolant, there should be no need to flush....but if the coolant is rusty/brown when you drain it I would flush it. When you refill, have the heater turned on.
Good Luck.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
yeah the cheapest i can find the sets for on ebay is $100, looking at getting the performance ones which are blue lol (that makes them performance somehow)

coolant was recently flushed, radiator replaced so thats all sweet.