Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr V6 Starting Issue

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Hey guys I've got a 93 Vr V6 Auto and yesterday she wouldn't start.

It had enough battery power and cranked over without an issue and the fuel pump was running without a problem but it would just not start.

I disconnected the battery and reconnected it and tightened all the connection which didn't make a difference.

I pulled the relays for the starter EFI and Fuel pump then replaced them then the car started but I don't think this is what fixed it.

The car runs fine again now just wondering if anyone knows what the problem was so I can fix it before I get stuck somewhere?

At a guess I'm thinking something to do with spark? Ignition Modules?

Thanks guys

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd check codes first:https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vr-vs-revised.22307
then I'd make sure the key battery is OK and it's making contact with the key reader around the ignition keyhole. If the car battery is more than 2 years old I'd replace it anyway....cheap insurance...plus Commodores need a good battery for the electronics and if the problem happens again you will have plenty of reserve battery power.
Good Luck.