Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr v8 auto speed sensor

Craig12345

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore
Hi all,
I have a vr ss and have changed trans to a turbo 400 and having trouble working out the speed sensor wirers, the previous speed senor had a plug with blue wire and brown wire the new speed sensor has red black and a white wire to go to speedo.
Any input would be appreciated.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if they are both inductive (2 wire) it wont matter which way the wires go, or if it dosnt work then just swap them it wont hurt anything

Reactions: Lex

Craig12345

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore
if they are both inductive (2 wire) it wont matter which way the wires go, or if it dosnt work then just swap them it wont hurt anything
Thanks for your reply, just to confirm on the sender should I connect black to body and try connecting white and red to plug on car blue and brown.
My apologies I’m not good with electrical.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if u have a 3 wire sensor and u want to fit it to the factory 2 wires its not going to work, they are two different type sensors, the 3 wire will have no where near the pulses needed to drive the speedo u will need a correction box to multiply the signal back to what the speedo will read thru the ecu, the 3 wire sensor needs power, earth and signal, the 2 wires u have are not a power they are inductive style so dont suit, one will be a signal earth and the other a signal to ecu, prob best to wait for someone alse to chime in with a fix for it or easiest way around it, i usually stay away from these type of modifications :eek: