Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V8 EFI in Opel Monza

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
I have (as many others have) used the AU Falcon fans, you can also use EF-EL Falcon fans too. The factory setting for theses is about 106degrees from memory. I have used the fan plug that was already on my car (on the body loom not engine loom) but you won't be able to do the same unless you can find which terminal that activates it where it connects to the body loom. But you can wire up and external fan switch which has a probe that feeds into the top radiator hose and that will turn them on depending what temp you have it set at. Davies Craig make them and they should be easy to find on ebay or even the local auto parts store. Here is how I did the thermo fans on mine> https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-install-au-thermo-fans-into-vn-vs-v8.159896

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza
Guys i have a question to people who did the conversion of a 304/308/355 into a Commodore VB-VK.
For my feeling the VB-VK have the same shell on the underside as a European Opel Monza/Senator/Commodore,atleast most of Holden is copied from Europe (K-frame and the front suspension and handbrake and and and and but Holden used thicker steel around the suspension domes and did a few mods to the rear axel and strenghten some parts a bit and used diffent engines)

If u have a 202 with a Traumatic,how do a 304/308 and a 4L60E/TH700 match in the VB-VK shell?

I mean if u replace the 202 by a V8 with a TH700 can u use the old Trimatic gearbox crossmember or do u need to use a diffent one,and does the tailshaft of a 202 match with TH700 in lenght?
My 3liter engine is further backward on the K-frame but my Trimatic (TH-180) is shorter than the 4L60E i hope i can use my old tailshaft.

And do the transtunnel need to be changed,because a 4L60E is wider/fatter than a Trimatic.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Bolts in perfectly fine the difference was brakes, engine mounts, gearbox mount. I used a fabricated gearbox mount (see my site) I didnt use the auto as for tailshaft fabricate one!

With the tunnel it does need massaging to fit the oil pan in in one corner

scott

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza
Does anybody know the size of a front seal ring in the timing cover in mm....i wanne replace that,but i dont know the size..

If i take it out and damage it and i dont have a replacement one,i have a problem...so i wanne have a replacement one..
The front was leaking a tiny bit,the rear dint leak...So just in case i replace it.

Hope anybody there can help me.

Cheers Ben

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
i have one here that im not using. ill measure it for you.

you do mean the one behind the balancer?

internal is 450mm external 550mm

btw i love this project and hope you finish it then thrash everyone else over there :)

Gse

Reaction score
Members Ride
Opel Monza
Lol i am in Europe Netherlands very very very very little change they have Holden parts here...Thanks for the number,but i am afraid its useless here at the Opel dealers...

I have the idea its a inche size ring instead of mm,because the outher diameter is like 61,3mm and the inside is like 45mm and the thickness is 10mm i have brought a ring and thats 62x45x10 but....its to big i cant get it in the cover..Its the ring right behind the balancer..

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
i have one here that im not using. ill measure it for you.

you do mean the one behind the balancer?

internal is 450mm external 550mm

btw i love this project and hope you finish it then thrash everyone else over there :)

So the seal is over half a metre round?

I think you mean 45mm and 55mm.

GJ227

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV Clubsport 6.2 M6
heres an old skool 308 with Commodore front end and wheels,

Gj227

commodorecoupe.jpg