Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr V8 Erratic Idle (please help!)

The_Fallen_One_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
i have a vr clubsport and the idle drops and raises. it doesn't run rough or miss just revs up and down. any ideas?

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Idle control solenoid, dirty throttlebody or Vacuum leak.

Actually, if it isnt rough it probably not the throttlebody, but it wouldnt hurt to clean it anyway.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Check the earth strap on the back of the alternator. Mine had moved due to a dead engine mount, and thus snapping the strap from the body. Fixing this strap stopped my erratic idle problems in my VP 5L.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Also if you jsut got it and it's allways been like that it may have even a broken cam or a bigger cam

CU5H1NG

CU5H1NG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
i have a vr clubsport and the idle drops and raises. it doesn't run rough or miss just revs up and down. any ideas?

I have a VS acclaim and i have a similar problem. its annoying me. got a brand new throttle body along with the IAC replaced and it is still doing it. would it be possible that my throttle cable is old or something??

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
BIG BIG CAM :p :p :p just playing

GM001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 304
i just had this problem which i fixed couple days ago, besides just a new TPS, i found out
you must re-sett them everytime the battery has been disconnected. which took me awhile before i knew hot to set the TPS and IAC valve properly. You must put in diagnostic mode turn key dont start car, disconnect IAC start car then set idle manually by screw around 600rpm in this mode. Turn off car and take out of diagnostic mode, sametime remove main fuse for 1 minute to re set computer. plug in IAC valve then start car rev to 3000rpm hold for 1 minute backoff then revs will slowly drop down to a good idle.

The_Fallen_One_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
it doesn't do it all the time but wich is what has me confused?

brodie122

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr ss
Yeah mine does the same hunts badly at idle but not always. Also I just installed a mild crow cam and now trying to set ignition timing but can't seem to find a setting that will make it idle well unless it's advanced to somewhere that looks like 30 degrees... Any help appreciated. :)