Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR verse VS

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
hey there guys

i know theres alot of threads about buick verse ecotec but then the weight issue comes in
but with the VR and VS there basicly the same weight
so whos got the advantage?

thanx

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
the VS has more kw but similar enough torque, however the VR has more power accessible from a lower lower RPM. What you need to keep in mind is considering the age of these cars, the 17kw total difference is minimal - what would probably matter more in a race etc would be the condition of them... especially the auto trans as it being worn will significantly impact....

if a VR was looked after, and a VS had shorting-out coil packs, blocked injectors, crappy leads, fouled plugs and a clogged air filter, who would win...

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged Vs, VY ss ute, rodeo daily
yeh thats true and ive seen stock dyno figures where the vr's have more power than some vs's ey. i guess them both being now up to 15 years old the condition of the vehicle is the major thing. so chris my 184,000 vs against your 130,000 vr would make it a close call i think. looking forward to putting it to the test!

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
i knocked off 6 ecotecs (VR and VS) at our last dyno day with the same or less mods.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
i own a vr v6 5spd, take out any vs stock eco manual or auto even some vt's not too hard at all.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
i own a vr v6 5spd, take out any vs stock eco manual or auto even some vt's not too hard at all.

LOL :whistling :w00t: :yeah: :bang: :dance: :lock: :thumbsup: :D :p :cry: ;)

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
ive got a vs acclaim s2 v6, ive got an exhaust system and a k&n air filter.... i have no problems at all beating vr's and vt's off the line and all the way, i even beat most vy's ive raced