Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr\vs Centre Console Measurements

L

lukeyd

Hey all,

Im looking at buying a VR or a VS in the next few months, *BUT* in the meantime im also planning out the incar computer which i will be building myself.

It would be of great help if I could get the measurements (length and width) of the centre console (the bit to the left of the air-con\climate controls) where currently the headunit, aerial controls, and empty storage are is. (highlighted in attached pic)

Thanks all!

Locksmiff

Reaction score
You can actually go bigger and use a whole touch screen from Coles . It can also be ran from your cars battery if ya good with cutting and splicing. I know this is gonna sound harsh, but I know I could tell ya how to do it, but I know ya wont learn from it, you will just copy me and leave it at that and not probaly know what ya did .

Trust me, I know ya will work it out and yes you will have to move everything from that area to somewhere else, which again isnt that hard, just needs a thought process

L

lukeyd

Hey Locksmiff,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was just wondering if anyone could find out the measurements of the circled area, (its not my car, and I dont have a commodore as yet) so that i can start thinking about what hardware i can fit into that space and not so much about how they did it, I think that is the fun part

Thanks guys

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
I'll measure it tommorow morning for ya, its a tad late right now, sorry !!

What would u use the computer for anyway? Also, with the screen taking up the din for the cd player, whats going to power the speakers? I spose if you got the sound blaster audigy and cut the cables that might work, but its alot of stuffing round.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Across is 190mm and down is 155mm. Hope this helps...