Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR/VS Custom Gauge Faces

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I know I've seen a thread somewhere on this forum about this... But i can't bloody find it again. So don't flame me, do your own searches, and link me. I tried any and every combination of "White", "Gauge", "Face", "Fascia", "VS", "VR", "custom"...

I'm wanting to install the custom gauge faces off eBay (like THESE) Before i do my L3 conversion... The bloke does custom requests, so relax, i won't be going with the white ones.

If either someone knows the location of the thread on this, or has recommendations for this, post it up.
I'm after;
Whether it's a good idea or not. Will removing the needles screw up the cluster in any way?
Someone told me there is a good type and a bad type on eBay... Is the link i posted the good one?
And also, in the other thread there was something about changing the colour of the needles... From memory, you had to scrape the orange stuff off it, and put your own colour back... Can anyone confirm this or elaborate on it?

Cheers, Fonzie :thumbsup:

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
What do you mean it was all patchy? Did you leave the original white globes behind it, or upgrade to some white LED's?

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
That's strange... Any ideas why it did that on the new one, and not the original? Maybe the new one is thinner, and didn't diffuse the light as well or something...

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
yeah and when i put the oringal back in it was perfect again,
its something to do with the material they used.
i emailed the guy and he said that he could give me some material to even it up but i couldnt really be bothered with it

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Ive got a white facia in my car , and it has the blue and red like speedo bit , But i wouldnt have a clue what lights are behind it as it came with the car .

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS + VY exec + Vs wagon
i recently bought from this seller, he is anawesome guy, can do almost any design you want. reccomend him anyday!:thumbsup: