Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr - Vs Engine loom in VP

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Dipstick popping out typically means that the PCV is cactus. You would measure blow-by by doing a compression test.

nateshashone

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr belina
yeah thats what i thought , ahwell ill do a compression test aswell just to be sure

Last edited:

nateshashone

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr belina
compression tested my engine today
1.207 psi

this is with the motor out of the car on a engine stand , so its not at operating temp , or pumping the oil as it would running in the car , as i would expect it the results i got from that it would be lower because of heat expansion?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Sure the decimal point is in the correct place?
Even a cold engine should be above 80 psi (i'd expect it to be over 100psi), get some oil/wd40/crc in the bores through the spark plug hole and retest, if it comes up then rings
(this is now off topic of this thread and perhaps you should start a new one)

nateshashone

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr belina
thats the cylinder number , sorry i will start my own thread , cheers for all the info guys

Humptydumpty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp
Hi ledgends not sure if this is correct place to post but I’m looking for the pin out or wire colours on the loom that controls the AC n thermo fans etc?
I’ve installed a 304 in a Toyota Bundera and used a VP Wirring loom n ecu
I’ve got her going just tinkering now
Cheers

Tip In Prince

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR executive
Hey mate I’m super interested in what you had to do regarding wiring up the VR auto to the voice loom
this is all way over my head. I am running a VR auto (V6) in my VP on the original VP loom and ECU. It runs really nicely but I am (still) striving for better economy having changed MAT sensor, temp sensor unit and a bunch of other small stuff. I have the VR loom and ECU from the replacement motor. Is it worth fitting that to the motor?
Sorry I can't help with your questions and for piggy-backing on your thread[/

Tip In Prince

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR executive
Hey mate can you send me a link to this thread
hrm, i was sure ecotec's were introduced in the VS not in the VR... time to do some reading......

If you're planning on putting a manual behind it then a reprogramming a VS ecu with the buick's timing and fuel parameters and using a VS loom on the buick engine would be quite doable.
Re pinning the looms for vr to vn/vp is easy i have a thread in the howto section based on putting a VR v6(buick), 4l60e, loom & ecu/pcm into a vn s2 and was pretty simple to get going.

more trouble than it's worth imo, would have to rewire some of the auto wiring to connect to the th700 and i'm still not sure it'd work correctly, vn/vp auto uses a different vss also which may cause problems with the vr pcm, speedo wiring would also have to be changed so it runs to the pcm instead of the trans like it will be now.