Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] VR/VS Fog Lamp Wiring Diagram

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Here it is. Many people have a copy but i re-did it. It is now larger and slightly better. This is currently how my lights run so it should work if followed. This can be used to wire other lights in other models too. This is not the factory wiring it is another way to wire them to get them working, so all wiring will need to be run from bumper to dash. Hopefully a lot people will find this useful.

This is only a guide and i will not be held responsible for any damage caused when following it.

VR/VS Fog Lamp Wiring Diagram

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
And this is better than mine? .No bcm involved too so when you open the door with them on they stay on when the main beams go off and when you switch the lights off with the main headlight switch they stay on too.The wire from the dash connector to the relay is already run in most cars so you dont have to dig a hole in your firewall to get your new red wire in....maybe thats too complicated.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Thats right no BCM involved this is a start from scratch diagram. These are using power from the parker wire in the dash. I just used one from one of the other switches (hazrad,A/c or demister). This basically gives the switch the power to complete the circuit. So when your lights turn off the foglights go off too. They will only turn on if your parkers are on and will switch off when the lights are switched off either through the headlight switch or when you open your door. Hopes this makes sense.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Heres the whole circuit factory style and wire colours with a mod I added to keep the lights on when the fog lights are turned on.

Basically the fog switch when turned on supplies a negative to the fog relay under the bonnet.The negative is taken from the normal light switch so you have to have the lights on to at least park to get the fogs to go.This negative is taken away by the bcm when the lights are turned on and you open the door so the fog lights go out too.
Some cars(mine does and its only a exect) have the foglamp relay and base and some wiring already installed in the loom.
Most dont however have the wiring from relay base to fog light themselves....the giveaway is the 2 pin fog light connectors tied back in the loom above each headlight if it is run already....the 2 pin connector is the same type as your oxygen sensor.

Attachments

• fog%20install.JPG
    fog%20install.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 71,694
Last edited:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Mine didn't have any wiring so i did this start from scratch. it works almost identically to a factory system, the foglights will turn off when the parkers/headlights are turned off, and when opening the door all lights will turn off (Foglights and headlights) like normal. Thanks for your input too, as i'm sure that it will only help more people when doing this.

alby421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive v6
vr spot lights

Nickvr thanks for the info i have been loooking at the diagrams but i want my (spot/driving) lights to only come on at high beam i need to know how to wire them as my vr has no wiring in it at all.I just need to woork out this negtive swicthing or what ever they call it works in this vr so i no where to run the wires. Can anybody shed some light on this.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Instead of running the number 4 to parkers run it to the active wire on the highbeams. Either find a wire from the headlight switch or run it to the engine bay. Use a test light and get someone to turn the highbeams on and off to find it.

alby421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive v6
VR spot lights

Hey nick i have my spot lights working at last and the lights in the swicth as well not a easy task. I will explane it or trie to draw it up soon somebody might like to tell me if it will be ok this way.So far its been working fine.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Did you follow the wiring i drew up or do your own? I wired up mine about 2.5 years ago the way shown above and it hasn't missed a beat yet.

Good to hear its running. Is it off the highbeams like you wanted?

alby421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive v6
VR D/Lights

Hi Guys,
Here is a diagram of the way I wired my lights. Had them on for two weeks, everything seems alright. Ran my wiring through the clutch pedal bung in the firewall, as I have an automatic. Also mounted the lights under the bumper and have noticed my temperature gauge has gone up a notch on the gauge.

Attachments

• VR SPOT LIGHTS.jpg
    VR SPOT LIGHTS.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 42,326