Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR/VS Front bumper assembly alignment

jpetrou

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL EFI/ Monaro CV8
Last week my father picked up his VS Commodore from the crash shop after having it repaired from a bingle. Upon inspecting the area where the bumper aligns with the headlight/indicator area on the left side there is a 10mm gap, where as on the other side the bumper sits flush with the headlamp. After speaking to the crash assessor and the manager of the crash shop, they tell me this is common with these cars "You cannot get a perfect fit" and "Thats how they came out the factory". Can anyone out there confirm if that is the case with VR/VS bumper bars? :bang:

Holdenboy_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLOWN VS
i have a vs mate n my front bumper aint got no 10mm gap on neither side where the headlamps are i think they jus did a **** job....no offence :thumbsup:

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
sounds like they havnt put it back on right or the metal beam behind it hasnt been fixed, this happened to mine also i took the bumper bar off there are 2 clips on the metal beam that werent put on proply

R

rattattack1313

I would take it back there mate...it sounds like they just havent bothered to do it correctly....