Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR-VS Instrument Cluster??

Crossy_014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe
Gday,

I own a 96 VS and was interested in white gauge faces with blue numbers and wondering if anyone had any photos or information on theirs?

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
me to, i highly doubt the pics they have on ebay are legit and havent been photochopped at all.

Crossy_014

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe
hmm yeah the ones on ebay are the faces i was looking at, also the auto shift panel and the aircon surround

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
haha yeah same, just wanted to bling up the interior a bit from the mi 90's styling, the pics they have look awesome but i reckon i would be dispointed when i actually put them in.
might need some white or blue led's in the back of the cluster maybe?

Scal

Scal
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Ute
I wouldn't put blue LED's in there man, check out the pic below, there piss weak. Best bet is to just get the white with the blue markings cluster set off eBay for $95, that's what i plan to do

Attachments

• 090531_182004.jpg
    090531_182004.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 245

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
those ebay pics are highly doctor'd...

if you pull apart an instrument cluster you'll notice there is a green film on the back of these displays, and I should also mention, do not attempt trying to remove it less you destroy your cluster...
by adding blue LED's all your doing is making the green look sh1t... If you want a blue effect done properly, i'd suggest spending some time in working out how to remove the green film behind the tacho, then replacing with blue film, then adding white LED's to enhance the effect...

I mean that's what i would do... and it'd cost a **** load cheaper than buying sh1t off eGay...
Alternativley go to the wreckers and pic up a spare cluster and trial these above theories! cost of about $50 plus material...

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
Gday,

I own a 96 VS and was interested in white gauge faces with blue numbers and wondering if anyone had any photos or information on theirs?

I have actually seen this in 2 different cars and admit they look really nice. Unfortunately I do not know where the owners bought them from.
Basically it is a white face that also lights up white with blue numbering.
The green stuff on the back had been removed to produce the correct effect.

jamba10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ACCLAIM '96
i have just attempted to remove the green film from plate. do not try it at home. i screwed it up. the green film is actually on the front under the white of the numbers. i used a stanley knife to scratch it off but you cant do it without taking the white off also. thus resulting in harder to see numbers when no lights are on. also you need a surgeons hand to stay inside the lines when i was done i had scratches everywhere =(. but jus covered them with black texta. end result = i need a new display panel. best bet is to go to wreckers and get one.