Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR/VS Issues SEATBELT SLACK!!! HELP!!!!!

AdrianVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vs Spac S2
Hey Everyone, Im VERY fresh on this fourm and i dont know if this has been answered before but could someone please tell me how they fixxed it!

Okayyyy So lets get too it!
i have a Holden VS Spac s2 (this doesnt really matter) and the drivers side seatbelt doesnt retract properly, Iv seen this in HEAPS of vr/vs's just wanted to know if anyone has a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!:surprise:​

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you don't want to spend lots of dough, you can simply remove the belt from the car and then fully extend the webbing - stop it rewinding by putting clothes peg on belt, then wash in warm soapy water - flex webbing to release buildup up of grease/dirt etc as this is what stiffens the belt, then rinse in warm water that has a softener added - dry in the sun. Keep the metal bits DRY. If still not retracting spray lightly with silicone spray on the webbing - just enough to make it slide back easy. Last resort if this fails is to fully pull webbing out and remove clip that holds it to the spring mechanism -hold centre to stop it unwinding - then add a few more turns to increase tension. Check on YouTube for how to do the last option as there are some great videos on how to do this.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Bah $30 from a wrecker, I just put a new one in the Mrs's car, don't bother trying to fix it, its not something you want to risk failure when you need it.

AdrianVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vs Spac S2
hi all,
With a bit of age comes experience,
If anyone ever views this and wants a resolution best way IMO is to pull back door seals inbetween the doors where the seatbelt is inside, remove the plastic trim to expose the seatbelt. with silicon spray, Spray the belt a little bit as you put it back up (dont over do it) then spray it into the actual spinning part and keep pulling and retracting, You notice it becomes looser and looser, good tip, trick or idea for a sticky belt that needs to pass RWC or just to have them retract better.

WD40 would work but smells a bit iffy

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
better late than never lol