Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR/VS king springs

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
Hey, i'm looking to buy super lows all round for my vs v6 live axel, anyway i was looking in the online catalogue and i found this:
Untitled.jpg

Anyway, notice how the VR ultralow fronts are KHFL-47SSL+, and the VS SUPERlow fronts are KHFL-47SSL+, i thought they would use the same springs, does this have anything to do with the Buick engine weighting less in the VR and the ECOTEC weighting more in the VS?
Either way i want super lows all round (and going for the KHFL-47SSL+ sounds like what kingsprings would reccomend to me) but should i look for KHFL-47SL+ or KHFL-47SSL+ for the front, the back is easy KHPR-20HD for not only the VS and VR but for heaps of others.

Deathproof

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Stato
From memory the spring seats(on the shocks) are a different height,therefore need a different part number between the two
SSL on the VR will give you next to no shock travel

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
okay so if on my vs v6 live axel if i got either they would look exactally the same and do exactally the same job, if they are a little different will the SL sit more level with the KHPR-20HD read springs or will the SSL

holdenrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
yea, i got KHPR-20SL on my vr rear live axle . its sit ok (sit nearly to tyre). its not ultralow .. this ads is full of bull!.. u might need grab KHPR-20SSL... will be more low than superlow... i guess

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
yea, i got KHPR-20SL on my vr rear live axle . its sit ok (sit nearly to tyre). its not ultralow .. this ads is full of bull!.. u might need grab KHPR-20SSL... will be more low than superlow... i guess

ok well i want superlows and for it, suppose i should go with what the ad says, which by the way is from the kingsprings website so i doubt its full of bull i might contact them just to be certian because im sure the two springs dont do the exact same thing otherwise they would just make them the same name

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
well i wanted superlows but after seeing yours in pic i think ultralows would be better, does your ass end seem to stick up a bit or do you prefer the look of a lowered end and a higher front, thats why your going for ultras in the back?

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
hey just had another look at your thread on yor vr and your height looks about what i want, i think in that pic you posted it was hard to tell because of your wheel turned plus you took the pic from low which made it seem higher, i like your height, if you get ultras let me know if youd sell those supers

holden-4-life

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Equipe II
yeah most of the time when i look at it, it looks like ass end is higher.
i hate the look of the low ass, high front thats the reason ive put off the ultras. but ive seen quite afew cars with supers at the front and ultras in the back and it looks even.