Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr\vs passenger air bag

• Thread starter charged6_vsacclaim
  • Start date

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yup, i've got the airbag cover lifting problem. Haven't got it fixed as of yet. Ok, so the part is $150, how much do they charge to fit it ? (i'm not DIY glueing an airbag cover and having it not inflate properly in an accident and be responsible for a wheel chair passenger).

Question i have is it actually a safety risk though? I mean really, when the airbag deploys in the event of a serious enough bang isn't the cover going to flap down anyway? I.e. if anything wouldn't the cover being peeled back a bit simply mean it's got a head start when it comes to getting its arse out of the way of the airbag? Anyway, if someone has some other theory or actual evidence to suggest otherwise they should post it up in here, it'd be appreciated :).

C

charged6_vsacclaim

Brycestro said:
yup, i've got the airbag cover lifting problem. Haven't got it fixed as of yet. Ok, so the part is $150, how much do they charge to fit it ? (i'm not DIY glueing an airbag cover and having it not inflate properly in an accident and be responsible for a wheel chair passenger).

Question i have is it actually a safety risk though? I mean really, when the airbag deploys in the event of a serious enough bang isn't the cover going to flap down anyway? I.e. if anything wouldn't the cover being peeled back a bit simply mean it's got a head start when it comes to getting its arse out of the way of the airbag? Anyway, if someone has some other theory or actual evidence to suggest otherwise they should post it up in here, it'd be appreciated :).

the cover is meant to flip up towards the windscreen if an accident was to happen. the safety issue is that mine is lifting at the top of the cover closest to the windscreen so if i do happen to have an acco then the person in the passanger side instead of getting an airbag in the face they will get a cover which is more dangerous

George in Emerald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Yes, I have the same problem. Anyone ever repair one successfully?

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
My calais I just bought had this issue. The dealer I got it from fixed it though. I assume they did something queer like put the heat gun on it and push it back down and use more glue because its a bit lumpy.

TheJack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 3.8
Same with my Airbag cover

There must be a solution. Whats the point of paying $110 if it will happen again??

I ordered a dash matt from Ferntree Gully Holden, they guy got it in for me, handed it over quickly while I paid the $60 cash, walked away with it under my arm then got outside & realised its not genuine holden and it looks like crap, I couldve got a crap one from Supercheap or Autobarn for heaps less and same quality - I went to holden because I thought they could sell me genuine holden.

Not impressed with the service I've had a few times from ftree gully Holden, has anyone spoken to anyone at holden about this airbag problem??

They should re-design it so it won't keep happening and fit it for free if its a safetey issue as people are saying.
I won't bother ringing my local Holden dealer again because every other question I've asked them they have just pushed me away.

It seems unless your after a new car they just aren't interested in some guy who just brought an old VS, sucks really.
Anyone had success from any other Holden dealers?

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Yeah if it's a model specific problem and is causing a safety issue then i think it should be up to holden to have the problem amended. Sure, you could say simply don't park your car in the sun ever but for most that isn't practical and the way i see it the fact that people have to park in the sun should have been a design consideration. Other parts are perishable and reknowned to break on certain models and i don't think the responsibility falls on holden as much for that because it's not a safety issue and lets face it perishables are called perishables for a reason.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Watson Holden wanted to charge $400 to supply and fit, fuk dat! Watson Holden and their apprentices can kiss my arse.

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
VLishes said:
Watson Holden wanted to charge $400 to supply and fit, fuk dat! Watson Holden and their apprentices can kiss my arse.

Yeah... and all my friends ask why i don't get it fixed...

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Mine was badly lifted when I bought the car a few months back and the dealer did a dodgy and glued it down... they did a crap job too. Its lumpy and still lifting a little in the corners.

One day I will have all the niggling little problems with my car fixed and it will be like new :) I want to see every part looking and working almost like new since I plan on keeping this car for a very long time.

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Brycestro said:
Yeah... and all my friends ask why i don't get it fixed...

Oh I want to get mine fixed, I just need to do some detective work and find a Holden dealer who will do the job properly, if that is even possible, the problem is is that how long will it take to curl into a bowl again, by re-doing the air bag cover now, will it last?