Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr\vs passenger air bag

• Thread starter charged6_vsacclaim
  • Start date

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
VLishes said:
Oh I want to get mine fixed, I just need to do some detective work and find a Holden dealer who will do the job properly, if that is even possible, the problem is is that how long will it take to curl into a bowl again, by re-doing the air bag cover now, will it last?

I still have my original airbag cover, car is nearly 11 years old and it hasn't lifted at all... guess I am one of the lucky ones. What I suggest you do is always use a sunshade when the car is parked out in the sun, and try and park undercover if possible, in a garage or carport. My car has always been garaged, and I believe that has helped the cover last so long. The excessive heat behind the glass when parked out in the elements must have a lot to do with the cover distorting....

I've had work done on my car at Ferntree Gully Holden, and have always been happy with their pricing and the quality of the job, so maybe give them a call and get a quote.

TheJack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 3.8
Harvs82 said:
I've had work done on my car at Ferntree Gully Holden, and have always been happy with their pricing and the quality of the job, so maybe give them a call and get a quote.

Maybe so, just dont order a dashmat off them for a VS and expect to get a Holden VS one - according to them they don't make one - wish they had told me that before I paid over $60, how convenient to keep that info quiet until I picked it up & paid. Supercheap & Autobarn have same ones for $40 (60 bucks down the drain and still not a genuine holden)

My Airbag Cover -
From what people have said on here I would be looking at around $400 and then they would just fit the exact same type which would have the exact same problem.

As said, its a pathetic design fault if you can't park your car in the sun without the dash falling apart. And its a pathetic excuse by the designer/manufacturer if thats the only solution they give us.

I might just run my car into a wall, let the cover flick up in my face then spend my life suing Holden for not fixing it earlier - free of charge.

How can they justify making money refitting these things from a bad design that was originally thier fault anyway? In the real world I think its all a bit unfair. Maybe I should just talk to some lawyers, see what they think I should do.:ranting:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
96vscommodore said:
the problem is caused by the heat from the sun...SOLUTION: dash mat :)

Going down the dash mat solution, just to cover up minor imperfections, is actually goin to make ur problems worse. My neighbour bought a VS and it came dash mat, he kept it on for a while eventually removing it, and a few months later the dash started to crack..

if the sun on the dash causes the edges to curl up, imagine the heat being trapped under the dash mat, drying out ur dash.. :my: