Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR-VS prices in years to come. (Example 10-15yrs)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR BERLINA Series ll
20200314_121508.jpg View attachment 209896 How you going fellas, okay well I'll start with saying with GM scrapping holden stopping all production I see no reason why in the next 10+20 they won't be more sought after. ( some ppl mite disagree, but it's happend before in the past way so diffent now?) I have a series 'll vr Belinda it's not in the best condition but with a small about of work done it will be near on mint. Atm is factory as it gets. My plan is to spend some $$ and beef it up abit searching for a L67to swap into it(fingers crossed) (One thing I would like to get enlightened about. The bay plark says its got a buick LC2 is that correct because I can't find any info only that they from the regal gnx N front wheel drive/ transverse applications sooooo. Mite seem like a slow question but yeah aha [
Running gears the main focus, but my grandfather a automotive spray painter by trade and dose some quality work. Would it be wise to give it a splash with say a dark candy blue(Just a example, but if I was that would be the choice.)
I'm just curious n just wanna know what everyone's thoughts n what they personally think a VR-VS would be worth in the future, lets just say 10 to 20 years. V6's mainly, im sure a SS will be fetching a pretty penny in the future.
full factory and also ones that aint, nothing to major, like have had a respray or started off as a auto n has been converted to stick. Just things like that like that. And things you lot think that is a must with adding value.

And if it would be even worth the trouble to spend money to make it as mint as I can get, park it up with cover and wait for the right time(drive it now and then ov course) pretty much a investment. This is my first project car I want put time and effort in to
So give me some guidance people!!

Mite be shooting myself in the foot with this last bit..
I have had a few falcon's in the past as projects and want to change things up abit.
Im not a die hard ford man, honestly im having a good time sitting on the fence ov ford or holden.
And ovcourse that annoys some ppl but everyone to themselves.

Give us your thoughts guys. Open for anything mite even persuade me into something completely diffenent

Sorry about the rant fellas just putting everything on the table aha. No dumb answers please guys. Only comment if your legit on speading some wisdom.

And yes **** talkers will get **** back

Attachments

• 20200314_121528.jpg
    20200314_121528.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I honestly can't see them jumping up in 10 - 15 years. A V8 will probably be sort after but an old V6 its unlikely. Time will tell but I wouldn't pump 1000s into an old VR thinking it will be worth anything nesr what it would cost to get it back to top notch. I have probably pumped at least $5k into my ute and expect to be worth $3k in 20 years.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... I have probably pumped at least $5k into my ute and expect to be worth $3k in 20 years.
Ah, the cost of love :p

Ps; $3k in 20 years is equivalent to ~$700 today :rolleyes:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Sorry about the rant fellas just putting everything on the table aha. No dumb answers please guys. Only comment if your legit on speading some wisdom.

And yes **** talkers will get **** back

Honestly that's terrible for a first post. Not very humble at all is it ?