Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Vs rear taillight reflectors turn white over time

VLishes

BaZMeG
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais SII
Hi All,

The ones that fade are non gen type.

The car has had a minor bingle and the cheap bastards :ranting: replace them with these ones that fade.

I have a VR with GM lights no problem. I also have a VS with one which is okay and another which is faded.

Cheers
Struggo

Errr, wha? All GM ones fade, it just depends on how much these lights have been explosed to sunlight. The Tiawanese ones just fade faster.

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
Errr, wha? All GM ones fade, it just depends on how much these lights have been explosed to sunlight. The Tiawanese ones just fade faster.

Hi VLishes,

You may well be right, but I have yet to see one with the GM ##### part number on the reflector fade. All the faded ones do not have this GM ##### on the reflector form my experience.

Cheers
Struggo

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
i'll argue that ( checks ass end of car )

one of mine has faded but not the other.

will edit once i get it

-edit-

ok my right hand is faded and it does have a GM part # ( see attached photo )
its not faded to white though, more of a pink.

Attachments

• fade.JPG
    fade.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 254

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
You people have got this the wrong way around. All the GM ones fade. Holden did a cheap job. Mine are guinuine holden with the GM symbol, part number and manufacture date. (same month when car ws built.) Only VN to VS have this problem and NO other car except some trucks. aftermarket taillights reflectors do not fade only guinuine ones do. Its a bit sad when you see old bombs from a nother century with reb reflectors when yours are white.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
a bit of light Gel film, the stuff used for rock band light shows etc, it can be had anywhere there is that sorta gear sold, it is easy able to cop 1,000w bulbs so a taillight bulb aint going to hurt it, heh, if all were clear they could be made any colour ya want, interesting ! green blinkers, blue stop lights, yellow reverse lights, whatever turns ya on.

As for fading mine go the other way, they go real dark ?

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
You people have got this the wrong way around. All the GM ones fade. Holden did a cheap job. Mine are guinuine holden with the GM symbol, part number and manufacture date. (same month when car ws built.) Only VN to VS have this problem and NO other car except some trucks. aftermarket taillights reflectors do not fade only guinuine ones do. Its a bit sad when you see old bombs from a nother century with reb reflectors when yours are white.

Well then I stand corrected! :bow:

Cheers
Struggo

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Well then, all mine are genuine and all up here go real dark, enough so the stop light is about as bright as normal parking lights, the parkers go like they have tiny 24v bulbs in em.

Ya must have a dodgy batch.