Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR/VS Stato drivers seat questions

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Couple of questions, is a drivers Stato bucket straight fit into a VR ute with bucket and 3/4 bench, side winders etc?? Are the Stato seats wider or same size as ute? Lastly is a Stato seat more comfy or the same as ute? I might be able to find one at the self serve wreckers if it is still in the vehicle and if it's a decent upgrade I reckon I will grab it depending on the price.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Does it have to be a Statesman ? I had a VN Calais, and those seats were very comfortable, with the extended base and side bolsters.
I would reckon that any VN > VS Calais/Berlina seats would do the job, for comfort and aesthetics.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No doesn't have to be but apart from the one Stato at the wreckers there are few options. We have a few Execs but very limited otherwise. There is only one wrecker in Launceston that even has a Stato, which is the self serve. Only one wrecker in Town that might have Calais I'd have to check, but he may only have a few Exec, I know he has no utes VR or VS. I know the self serve has nothing but Exec and the one Stato.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Stato front seats fit the exec sedan no mods...caprice do as well but are fully electric.....as for a ute thats fitted with a 3 seater nfi.....
should be ok, seen a few posts re modding a ute to 2 separate seats, so do a bit of a search

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cool thanks Wozza. I will check out the Stato seat and make sure it doesn't have side bits sticking out that might interfere with the handbrake and centre seat. I just needed an idea it would probably fit because depending on who you get at the wrecker on the day he can be a bit funny about you poking around in the yard if you don't prepay for your item. The drivers seat may even be missing anyway. The wreck has been there over two years.

BTW I did a search a week ago and again tonight and only found results for sedans.

https://www.google.com.au/search?so...22i10i30j33i22i29i30j33i160j33i21.N4B9ZHQVdXc

Last edited:

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore