Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR-VS Tips and tricks - Read before asking

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Hey guys. Came up with an idea tonight while i was driving. I remembered someone saying that if you car was burning oil or leaking it out of the exhaust manifold, your car would be restricted in the rev range. And i thought, rather than people asking the same questions over and over, why not have all the little tips and tricks in one location.

So for example, If your car starts fine cold, but sometimes fails to start when warm, its most likely your Crank angle sensor or DFI modual. That type of things.

So some general rules. Dont double post. have a read and if its been posted before, dont say it again.
Try and keep the disputing of posts to a minimum. This is a area where people post their previous problems that have popped up while they have owned their cars.

Ill start with one of the most common things that i hear. "how do you pull codes without a scantool". Its easier than you think. have a look in the following thread.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vr-vs-revised.22307

so all in all, you get the general idea. Have fun and i hope this works lol

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Another common one is the whole question about level 3 dash upgrades. For the people who ask the question, all the info you need to do the conversion is located in the "tripin'" thread. Have a search or i will post the link when i go on my laptop later

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
So you made a thread on how to find threads. Threadception.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
not just that. its more a place where people can post up their problems and solutions that they have fun. so that way we dont have people asking the same thing over and over. if it doesnt work, i wont be fazed but i just thought i would give it a try

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Search function works fantastic on this site, pointless thread IMO.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh well. it was worth a try. and yes the search function does work well. when people actually use it lol.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
With the ignition off. Press and hold all three buttons on the speed alert.

Turn key on.

Wait about 10seconds.

Unit should beep once and a red light will come on, on the unit and the screen will read 100

Press set once.

- Speed alert will now read real time KMPH.

Repeat these steps or disconnect the battery to turn this feature off.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
If your stuck with a faulty keyhead an want to start your car, turn the key to the on pisition and leave it for 45 minutes for a vr and 120 minutes for a vs. this will bypass the immobiliser and allow you to start the car once only. Note, if you turn your car off, you will need to repeat the process to restart the car.

On another note, if you swap your BCM, make sure you take the keyhead from the car it came from as a keyhead can only be programmed once to one bcm only.