Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr/vs/vx?

ekuls

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
Hi all, Need some idea of what to do here.....I scored a VS today for $250. Bit rough but its runnin a VX eco with only 70 thou ks. My current daily is a VR acclaim with a "performance" tune, Selby's heavy duty 4 point adjustable front sway and extra heavy rear bar and removed bellmouth. Goes nice. Oh, and no rear can atm! Question is, what would be the best possible combo of these 3? VR is IRS, VS is live. Both need work but i want to keep the buick and mrs wants newer VX engine.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
You cant go backward with the motors legally, so you can only put the vx ecotec in the vr if u wanted. Personally i dont think there would be any massive advantages. Whole lot of work for a handful of kW. Why not just leave them both as they are??

Last edited:

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Not quite sure what you mean by the best combo, what is it you actually want to do? Make one car out of 3 to have the best engine/car combo?

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
You cant go backward with the motors legally, so you can only put the ve ecotec in the vr if u wanted. Personally i dont think there would be any massive advantages. Whole lot of work for a handful of kW. Why not just leave them both as they are??

yeah im thinking the same... only thing you can do is throw an ecotec in the vr? can pick a engine and auto up for like 150-200

ekuls

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
Thanks for replies people..., decided that VS/X will now be the Mrs daily and i just gonna continue work on VR. Gonna use some Vr parts to get VSX regoed though. Does diff centre from VR IRS fit a VS live axle by any chance? Bad diff whine in VSX so i figure i will change that to the one out of the VR if possible, thereby giving me an excuse to buy a nice LSD for the VR!!!