Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr-vs wheel width

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
hey all what would the widest wheel be i could get on the rear of a lowered vr or vs ute without any modification. thanx in advance

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Probably get different answers from everyone but I had 19x8's with 245 rubber on my old vs ute without a drama. They only ever sometimes scrubbed a little on the inside when going over steep driveways at an angle etc. Mine was pretty low too. This is it to give you an idea...
Hope that helps,
Cheers

Attachments

• 10042010089.jpg
    10042010089.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 2,279

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
looked sweet to i was hoping to squeeze a 9" wide underneath but duno how ill go

Uber_Flacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 ltr Ute
I have 18x8.5's with 235's on and mine dont scrub at all, even when loaded with 500-600 kilos in the tray, and mine's lowered too, depends on the offset of the rim...

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
looked sweet to i was hoping to squeeze a 9" wide underneath but duno how ill go

9's are probably doable, but the max in my experience. I'd be trying one on there before you buy a set of wheels. As above, the offset will be critical. Probably a little easier with 235's aswell. Also make sure all your rear rubbers like upper and lower control arms, panhard rod etc are all in top condition to reduce the amount of sideways slop in the rear end.