Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr wagon fuel tank

chook350

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s3
Hey, got a very frustrating problem with my wagon.
Whenever I have under 1/3rd tank of juice it seems to be unhappy to start when parked on angles, not overly severe angles, sometimes just the camber of the street does it. also when driving the fuel gauge is up and down like a yoyo to the point where it will gain or drop atleast a qtr of tank around left and right hand bends.
Does the tank have any baffles that may not be there anymore?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
It's just the pick up line, it's normal as far as i know, never heard of anyway around it...

Last edited:

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
the float could be faulty not to mention the fuel pump could be partially blocked, never had problems my vr wen i had it apart from the box and motor then finished with a smashed windscreen, have u had this problem for a while?

chook350

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s3
have had this prob since i got the car, bought it to put my ute running gear in. never had the prob in the ute and the vp i owned. just this one, it runs fine so i dont think its a fuel pressure issue.

88jaz88

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Holden Executive Wagon
I had this problem in my vr wagon and may even have nothing to do with the amount of fuel you have in the tank. You could find that the inhibitor switch in the console may be faulty. Try starting your car in Neutral with handbrake on.

chook350

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s3
Its not the inhibitor switch as it will crank over fine just wont fire. that and its a manual.

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
I have this problem and I have a Statesman.... But I haven't seen a fix for it.... so frustrating one time, I visited my grandparents and car wouldn't start and I had to use there car to get petrol...now I have never seen the petrol light go on as im worried it won't start. I have also got a few of my mates to rock the car to get the petrol moving in the tank just to get it started lol.