Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr wagon tailgate

Dean.m

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
hey guys my tailgate on my vr wont open when i press the unlock button on my key it makes a noise but doesnt unlock and when i use they key its turns to unlock but i cant pull the key out and i have to turn back to lock to get the key out, and i dont have the release button thing in my glove box

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
sounds like the locking mech is jammed, have to rip the panel off and have a look.

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Im not sure if VR is the same but VS you cannot remove the key in the unlock position. This is to prevent accidently leaving the car unlocked.
Wagons do not have a remote release in the glove box nor the extra button on the key head as they do not remotely open, they just unlock (same as a door).

As above, pull off the trim and take a look.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Im not sure if VR is the same but VS you cannot remove the key in the unlock position. This is to prevent accidently leaving the car unlocked.
Wagons do not have a remote release in the glove box nor the extra button on the key head as they do not remotely open, they just unlock (same as a door).

As above, pull off the trim and take a look.

as above, and blow out the crap and give it a clean