Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Wagon with stuck doors

nautiguides

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy VN GAS
My VRs doors are jamming closed one by one. I'm now down to only the Driver door working, and that still needs a whack on the door locker/unlocker to make it go down so it locks. The key won't do the job, it feels like its only turning the mechanism half way and then theres something in the way.

So I have doors front and back, that are closed, and won't open/unlock.

I've managed to get the trim off even though the door is closed, but no matter how much I push and prod, don't seem to be able to find the bit that opens it.

Any help would be most appreciated, as well as annoying, the boys at work are taking the piss!! :bomb:

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
My VRs doors are jamming closed one by one. I'm now down to only the Driver door working, and that still needs a whack on the door locker/unlocker to make it go down so it locks.

If you mean that the plastic "button" with the red insert, on the inside of each door, at the top is difficult to press down with the door open, that is because you are not meant to be able to do so. It's designed to stop someone (you) from locking keys in the car. You can force it as what stops the button from being easy to press is only a small piece of rubbery plastic in the door latch mechanism (bit in the end of doors that holds them closed).

The key won't do the job, it feels like its only turning the mechanism half way and then theres something in the way.

You are going to have to figure out where in the mechanism is causing the difficulty. With the door trim off, maybe start by disconnecting the rod attached to the back of the lock then try to turn the key in the lock. That will tell you if the lock itself is sticking. If it is, you can try lubing it with some graphite powder - not a liquid spray lubricant, they attract dirt - otherwise the lock is probably just worn out. You can repin good used locks or replace them with new items. Repinning is easy; just match the numbers on the pins, old to new and check that the pins sit flush with the lock barrel with the key inside (with the lock apart you'll see what I mean). The key might not be too flash either.

If it's not the lock you will just have to work your way back down the mechanism until you find which part is sticking. Possibly the latch. You can spray that bit with lube.

I've managed to get the trim off even though the door is closed, but no matter how much I push and prod, don't seem to be able to find the bit that opens it.

Work out which way the key wants to move the rod attached to the lock (inside the door) and help push (I think) or pull the rod in that direction.

its not central locking!

As in it doesn't have central locking (it does - it's a VR) or the central locking doesn't appear to be the problem? If the latches are sticking the central lock motors won't work.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
i have troubles in the wet with my door locks. They get stuck in the guides due to the moisture and the actuators being shitty. The rear doors have the actuator closer to the handle side, and a wire actuator running across the door and through a pivot point and upto the door lock indicator thingy. Your guides possible just need lubricating, and you may have a dead actuator or 2 maybe, their cheap on ebay.