Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr washer bottle int vp, drilling illegal?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
there was an article in street commodores a while back about mounting a vr washer bottle into the area in front of the air box, using a hole saw to put the spout through the metal (the same bit as the battery tray but passenger side)

i got the howto, but i thought i remembered people saying drilling/cutting that bit was illegal or unroadworthy. just wanted to check before i wrecked my car all for a hidden washer bottle.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I asked Regency in Adelaide if it was legal to cut there to fit a cold air intake, they said they had no problems with it as it isn't structural. Just so you know, the only condition they gave me was that it didn't run LPG, unrelated to what you're talking about but yeah. :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I've got a hole under my airbox but if anyone ever has a problem with it I'm going to use the SV89 as an example which had it there from the factory (well from HSV)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i did the same thing with my speaker holes in the rear tray i said if the 12 speaker audio system was allowed the holes in a higher spec model there is no difference and they said sweet as.im sure if the vr can have that hole so can the VP.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
the factory holes will be braced - i.e. they'll probably be 'lipped' as opposed to just being a round hole.

i think you can get it engineered for a few bux, but you will need to weld a ring around the hole for re-inforcement.

Post Vintage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Manual
I cut the complete section behind the rear seats on the bimmer out. Bolted subs in behind the seats and then amp rack behind that. You would have to remove the entire stereo, or know about that exact specific model of car to know it has been cut.

I dunno about other states but in WA they just take a pic of the car and then send it to the smash repairers or assess the damage and write it off. I wrote off my grandparents laser... It would have been new radiator support, radiator, air cond radiator and some lines, two headlights, fenders, bumper, bonnet to rebuild it, but they just gave us $6k back for it wrote it off totally. I am thinking about selling the bimmer now and having $15k there and sourcing wrecked cars from auctions.